Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

i had a tumor removed from my face and the dr said it came

i had a tumor removed from my face and the dr said it came back precancer and HE THINKS he got it all.. keep in mind he is a PLASIC SURGEON .. the nurse said if it starts to grow back i MIGHT need radiation.... hummm we have LOTS of cancer in my family... should i see a cancer dr???
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Dr. David :

Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

Dr. David :

I am a cancer doctor

Dr. David :

I would ask for a copy of the pathology report from the surgery

Dr. David :

the pathology report will say if there was cancer cells or precancerous cells see at the margins

Dr. David :

which is the very edges of the specimen which was cut out.

Dr. David :

if there are bad cells there, then you definitely need radiation.

Dr. David :

if the margins are clean, then you are safe.

Customer:

so how do u do that

Dr. David :

you talk to your doctor and ask for a copy of the pathology report from the surgery.

Dr. David :

your plastic surgeon will have that pathology report.

Customer:

then how do i get it to u

Customer:

oh i see what u r saying thank u

Dr. David :

get a copy .

Dr. David :

you can always upload a pdf file or word file if you are able to get a copy of your pathology report.

Customer:

ok thank u

Dr. David :

or when you get a copy talk it over with your plastic surgeon.

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

if done, please leave +++ positive feedback below

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David :

you can reach me at my website.

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Customer:

thank u

Dr. David :

you might have to scroll down to see the feedback area.

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

do you see the feedback area below?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.