Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a lump under the skin on my face have had it for more

I have a lump under the skin on my face have had it for more than 10 years , it is on the left cheek it has got bigger the last few years, saw doctor and he scared me, leave a scar, may damage the nerves on my face ,may come back, what can o do to get reiof it without surgery.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

Dr. David :

Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

Dr. David :

treatment would depend on what it is

Dr. David :

have you had a biopsy of the lump?

Customer:

No doctors have seen it said it harmless, doctor at hospital said he didnt no what it was , cut it out.

Dr. David :

you need a biopsy or at least an ultrasound of the area before treatment is discussed

Dr. David :

it could be a cyst

Dr. David :

or a soft fatty lipoma benign fat mass.

Customer:

Yes cyst was mentioned by my gp, is there anything i can do besides surgery it getting more noticable.

Dr. David :

a cyst filled with fluid can be drained with a needle

Dr. David :

a cyst filled with sebacceous fluid can be squeezed out

Dr. David :

an ultrasound can tell if the cyst is filled with fluid or sebacceous oily substance.

Customer:

It is hard with a soft spot in the middle, doctor never said about draining it etc

Dr. David :

I see

Dr. David :

if it has a head on it, you can try to squeeze it and see what comes out

Dr. David :

if it is completely under the skin, you will need a needle to biopsy it or drain it.

Customer:

it is completely under the skin

Dr. David :

well, then you will can't take care of it yourself

Dr. David :

you need a biopsy or a needle drainage.

Dr. David :

I hope my advice has helped

Dr. David :

sorry I was unable to give you a home remedy

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions

Dr. David :

if done, please click accept and leave + feedback

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David

Customer:

I will make an appointment to see gp again thank you.

Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

don't forget to click accept

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer:

Oh i also have addisons disease and hypothyroidsome.

Dr. David :

I see

Dr. David :

I don't think that will affect the cyst

Dr. David :

so you are low in adrenal steroid and thyroid hormone

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.