Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I HAVE A LARGE LUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK ON THE RIGHT HAND

I HAVE A LARGE LUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, I ASKED A DR. WHAT TO DO, BUT SHE WAS MORE INTERESTED IN OTHER THINGS. THE CYSTS IS GETTING BIGGER AND CAUSING ME TO HAVE PAIN IN MY BACK AND NUMBNESS IN MY LEGS, MY RIGHT LEG IS SWOLLEN ALL THE TIME, IN THE AFTERNOON MY ANKLE IS SO BIG IT HIRTS, PLEASE HELP GIVE ME A DIRECTION?
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

Dr. David :

Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

Dr. David :

so you think the enlarging cyst/mass in your right back is causing numbness in your legs?

Dr. David :

both legs? one leg?

Dr. David :

if your right leg is swollen, you should get an ultrasound to rule out deep venous thrombosis.

Customer:

the numbness is mainly in my right leg, both feet fall asleep alot too, what kind of dr. do i go see. because i have no insurance

Dr. David :

you can go to the ER to get an ultrasound of your right leg. it is that important.

Dr. David :

they will do chest and abdomen CT scans also in the ER.

Dr. David :

if they find any more abnormality, they will call specialist to see you

Customer:

could they take care if the cysts right then or do i have to go see a specialists

Customer:

my back is really starting to hirt everyday could i have something else going on

Dr. David :

hard to know. better to go to the ER and get those scans and ultrasounds of the leg.

Customer:

ok thank you

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions

Dr. David :

if done, please accept and leave + feedback

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David

Dr. David :

Thank you for using justAnswers.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.