Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2003 aurora power window short on orange wire coming from 30

Customer Question

2003 aurora power window short on orange wire coming from 30 amp circuit breaker
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 4 months ago.

I am going to look over some wiring diagrams and will get back to you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok will be back in half hour. short was intermintant over time then became dead short

That wire splits into all four door modules. To isolate the short you will have to access and unplug the door modules one by one to see when the short goes away. Before you do this check the wire loom at the drivers door where it bends going from inside the cabin to the door. Sometimes the wires brake there from all the opening and closing of the door.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is a severe short to ground. Do you have a routing diagram? Does the orange wire run directly to the door modules? I would think if it were a shorted door module you would smell a burnt odor.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ken

Here is a wiring diagram for the circuit in question.

If you still prefer a phone call let me know and I can put that through. It was 5am when you requested it so I didn't see it until now.

Its possible for the module to be shorted without a burn smell. I would recommend to check the wiring first before getting to the door modules. Follow the wiring loom that comes out of the ear fuse box under the rear seat. Look for any places it may have rubbed through.