Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

Have 2001 olds Aurora 3.5 Have window problem drivers window

Customer Question

Have 2001 olds Aurora 3.5 Have window problem drivers window works other 3 not either by master control or individual controls door lock operates on drivers door only power mirror on drivers door only checked all fuses and circuit breakers good any suggestions.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have replaced the door module no change
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did replace the drivers rear window regulator assembly plastic gear stripped. Car sat for a while had some water in floor from window gap while waiting for regulator installation
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked all fuses ones under the seat and under the hood
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. On common cause for the problem you are having can be caused by a bad splice in the wiring at splice 302 which is located under the carpet at the drive seat. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to dos some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20window%20Oct%2015.pdf

See the splice location in this link as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/S302%20Oct%2014.pdf