Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2001 aurora, it starts up, but then tries to die. headlights

Customer Question

2001 aurora, it starts up, but then tries to die.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: headlights turn on, not sure how to tell, will it help if i said that sometimes when im driving and brake, the lights tend to dim?
JA: I'm trying to find the right Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: thank you.
JA: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i plan on it, i actually just noticed this problem recently, it only really happens when the engine is warm, like i went into a store and came back or something, no problem if it's cold
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i dont think so.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is it trying to stall at idle or when applying throttle and driving?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
only at idle

What is the idle speed rpm at idle?

If you apply some throttle to raise the RPM at idle does it run fine?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
about 450, and yeah, it seems to run perfectly otherwise

For this concern I recommend disconnecting the negative battery cable and then replacing the idle air control valve next to the throttle body.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.
Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris