Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1998 Oldsmobile 88 and the parking lights and dash

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Oldsmobile 88 and the parking lights and dash lights flash off and on while driving and even when parked with the ignition off.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

So far we are looking at a lamp control module, remote function actuator to blame. I would like you to unplug he headlight switch to rule that out as a possible cause. Here is the diagram I am using. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/pklp.png

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Chris,
Sorry I took so long to respond, working 7 days a week. It doesn't make sense but I randomly unplugged the 25A fuse for the power seat and the blinking lights stopped.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Someone has to have altered the wiring to cause the seat fuse to have an effect.