Dan, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

There is a problem with the chip in1998 olds aurora what

Customer Question

there is a problem with the chip in1998 olds aurora what cost to replace also 1999 olds aurora transmission need to replace. cost?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is about a 10 hour job and most shops charge around $100 a hour so that is $1000 for labor. Then $100 for fluid and $800 for a used transmission so around $1900 total. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not get an answer on the CHIP?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

There is no chip, the Powertrain Control Module is the main computer for vehicle and is what controls engine/transmission. That would be around $400 to have replaced. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.