Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2003 olds silhouette and it runs fine except every

Customer Question

I have a 2003 olds silhouette and it runs fine except every 10 or so starts you need to spray starting fluid in the throttle body and then it starts and runs good but i have changed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, and fuel filter
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name siCustomerand I can assist you with your question. What is the fuel pressure at when this happens? Just because the fuel pump has been replaced does not mean the fuel pressure is within specs. You might want to double check it to be sure.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Another possible cause would be a bad engine coolant temp sensor, throttle position sensor and or a bad MAP/MAF sensor. They call can affect the fuel delivery and can cause a hard/no start condition if they were to go bad.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont know what fuel pressure is dont know how to check that and if was a coolant temp sensor would it affect the thermostat guage would flocuate
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

YES it is possible!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I changed all the sensor still no go
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.
Ok please call me so we can discuss this further
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My card is max so cant call
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Ok, no problem. Let me know when your ready to continue.