Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 1997 hand me down Olds Aurora. The trunk switch

Customer Question

I have a 1997 hand me down Olds Aurora. The trunk switch inside and on the remote does not work. The key does. Also, the fuel switch inside sticks and will not pop the door. Any suggestions?
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

The fuel switch you can take out and try to spray electrical cleaner and see if that works if not , you just have to replace it

on the trunk issue , have you checked all interior fuses in the fuse box ?

if the fuse are good , the trunk motor latch actuator could have went bad .

when you say it doesn't work with remote like you cant pop it open with remote , how about the other function of the remote are the working like the lock & unlock ?

please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All the other functions on the remote work.

1-you need to check all fuses in the inside compartment

2- check with a test light are you getting power on one of the wires on the rear trunk actuator lock, i sent you a diagram

3- the is a relay call er the RAP relay , i sent you a diagram for it also

if the fuses are good , relay is good , and you are getting power to trunk actuator on one wire and when you press the inside switch you getting a ground on the other wire and the trunk want release then change the trunk actuator

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)