C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

1998 full-time awd Bravada. Check AWD light is on most of

Customer Question

1998 full-time awd Bravada. Check AWD light is on most of the time. What might be wrong?
JA: Is the battery fully charged? Does the light stay on while you're driving?
Customer: Re the battery, it always starts now but was run down over the winter & had to jump start it. About the same time as the light started coming on. It stays on while driving, but does not always come on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe if it's not too involved, or a local mechanic.
JA: Is there anything else the Oldsmobile Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: Also sometimes has a problem accelerating after cold start, especially in hot weather. After finally shifts up first time, no more problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

Go to the back of the vehicle right near the muffler. There are three plugs one on the back of the tail housing and one on each side of the unit. Verify the speed sensor circuits are connected to the proper Vehicle Speed Sensor. Connect the harness, with the Yellow and the Purple wire, to the sensor for the front shaft speed sensor. Connect the harness with the Dark Green and the Light Blue wire to the sensor on the rear shaft speed sensor on the passenger side of the transfer case. Connect the harness with the Purple/White and the Light Green/Black wire to the sensor on the rear shaft speed sensor on the driver side of the transfer case. If the wires are all good you will need to get a scan tool to verify every sensor is good. If not you will just be throwing un needed parts at the vehicle. Many times the sensor wires will get dirty and worn so if you find a cracked or broken wire repair. I would disconnect each sensor inspect for damage and reconnect. Like I said if all of those check out you need a scan tool to verify what sensor is bad if they are all good the transfer case control module is at fault which is behind the right hand side kick panel in the vehicle. Check for TCCM codes with another scan tool brand, such as a Tech 2 or MasterTech. Disconnect the TCCM connectors, check for water/corrosion.Test TCCM power/grounds.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can't do now. Can I resume this session in a few days?

Yes you can return and respond at anytime.