Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.

You helped me with my 1993 Bravada in 2011 . I live in the

Customer Question

Hello you helped me with my 1993 Bravada in 2011 . I live in the middle of nowhere in the state of Alaska my friend is working on my SUV . Here is the trouble he his having with my car ,. Rpms start to fluctuate at normal operating temp. Need to know why ? Thank you Garrett
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This can be caused by a vacuum leak like the intake gaskets leaking,throttle body gasket leaking.Most common is the upper intake gasket needing replaced as its common to blow out.

I have also seen issues with loose vacuum hoses or broken hoses needing replaced.

The fuel system should also be tested to see if there is an issue with over fuel or under fuel causing this needing corrected.The injector unit under the upper intake is a common component that can cause this fault here needing replaced.

These will need to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete