Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.
14928985

Car stalls windows wont work let sit windows work car starts

Customer Question

car stalls windows wont work let sit windows work car starts stalls over and over, turn key to on hear relay click under dash light fades battery new
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Are any other electronics acting up with this issue here when this occurs like this like horn/lights,radio,etc.?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no all else works, except when I turn key to on position after 30 sec I hear what sounds like electrical short in relay fuse box under glove box passenger side removed back cover no spark just sound
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

When the noise occurs is this when the car will start and windows start to work again?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no very strange?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,the first thing to check here is make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery itself.If any of these cables are found to be loose,damaged or corroded they will need corrected.If this is o.k. trace the cables to where they run and connect to and see if they are loose,damaged or corroded needing repaired or replaced.This is one of the most common causes for this fault here.

If these are all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
forgot have po122 coed tps but car ran, this problem started slowly until full no start. Car not at my location, after your next response I will go to car and try your fix should return within hour. Understand what your saying and all is much appreciated,
thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
by the way engine cranks over fine
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

The code P0122 usually indicates a fault with the throttle position sensor itself.This wont cause an issue with the windows at fault here but in some cases an cause a no start if the incorrect signal is being sent from the sensor.I would check over battery cables and connections to make sure these are all o.k. as well as trace the engine wiring for any issues needing repaired on the engine.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
leaving now will contact on return and inform of results, maybe have further questions hope not! thanks again
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

YOur welcome.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete