Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

I have a 2000 oldmobile alero and the fans dont engage

Customer Question

i have a 2000 oldmobile alero and the fans dont engage unless the vehicle is in motion
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Oldsmobile. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the cooling fan relay may need tro be replaced but i want to know for sure
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 149k
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am capable yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: i have two 12 inch subs in the back
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** engine do you have? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.