Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

On my mothers car, the check engine light remains on, even

Customer Question

on my mothers car, the check engine light remains on, even after changing octane and gas cap but the engine runs fine.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the check engine came on, and i replaced the gas cap, and use higher octane 91%. the light when off for a short time but came back on and stayed on. i replaced the gas again but the check engine stay on, even after road test of twenty miles at highway speed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, my folks are disabled and retired. so i am hoping to fix myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check vacuum lines no leaks at egr valve clean o2 sensors and put back
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Oldsmobile Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: thats it except the airbag light also stays on too
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 4 months ago.

Hello Im Chris and I will assist you. What code did get for the check engine light?

Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 4 months ago.

Do you still need help with this?