Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

It's not a Chevy problem I am having it is an Olds

Customer Question

It's not a Chevy problem I am having it is an Olds Bravada... Still a GM so I thought I would look here.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When the outside temperature gets above 75 degrees F my ac blows warm air.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have any trouble codes popped up lately?
Customer: 119,000 miles - no codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Going to try. I've sunk about 1000.00 into it the past two seasons still no luck getting it repaired and working. I think at this point it may be something easy they are overlooking. Yesterday, I changed out the outdoor temperature module. Worked great until it hit 80 degrees F so it was a little better.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What year is your Brevada? Also can you go over some of the things that have been replaced in the AC circuit? If the circuit runs as it should and the pressures are in specs while monitoring with guages installed and there are no restrictions in the system, the condenser is not plugged and has good air flow check the evaporator core for freezing up if the system is fully charged for you problem and also verify the blend doors are working properly and not sticking when switching hot to cold. Let me know

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so please take a moment to rate my service to close this out. Pleasure to help.