Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 1990 olds cutlass ciera sl international version 3.3 ltr

Customer Question

My 1990 olds cutlass ciera sl international version 3.3 ltr engine had a mass air flow sensor put on in March. Than an engine gasket was put on in April. Now the engine is sugins, stalls when I turn, and generally runs bad. The trip indicator and the fuel gage did not work until today, May 19 2016 it has been having the check engine light on and off for three weeks. The mechanics do not know why the rpm hand bounces up and down when I am costing or pushing on the gas pedel. Please halp is you can. The mechanic who put on the gasket and the mass air flow sensor does not know. I do not like driving it. Today, it stopped and the red battery light came on. I was fortunate to get it started again in traffic. Thank you
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? It might just be leaking causing the engine to stall out at lower engine rpms.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Another possible cause would be an air/vacuum leak, bad crankshaft position sensor and or bad ignition control module.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Also, the TPS and fuel injectors can be an issue as well. But if the engine had the head gaskets replaced, I suspect it might be related to the recent work done as something might be left loose causing an air or vacuum leak.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!