Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Shop owner, foreign/domestic exp 32 years

There is water building up somewhere in the dash and i cant

Customer Question

There is water building up somewhere in the dash and i cant find the drain tube there is nothing dripping from underneath the car, its really starting to stink now when i use my vents also am about to replace the mode actuator any tips you can give?
JA: Is there anybody who is slim enough for themselves? I could lose ten pounds but you might want me to keep it in some places.
Customer: Im sorry the water from using the AC
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well my buddy is going to do it he is a mechanic but has never done one so im trying to do a little research for him
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Oldsmobile Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: It has 198000 miles on it if thats important
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've also noticed if i run my ac for a while the front passenger side carpet will get wet but i've never seen it leaking, and on a side note all my interior lights and headlights will sometimes flicker while i'm driving is that the infamous ignition?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I logged in this am and noticed you question as unanswered, do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes i still need a answer
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Ok, bear with me, I had info pulled this am, have to repull and send, back as soon as I can
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No id rather just talk on here
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
Ok, the drain? sounds like the problem, It IS done from under the car, cant get to from up top, The link I have included shows the tube, Not eh 2 rectangle blocks on far right of the picture, They are AC lines and heater core hookups as reference, You locate the drain but do NOT poke anything metal int he drain, use compressed air or say plastic tie wrap strap , otherwise can damage the evap corethe mode door actuator? No tricks, it is accessed from under dash on drivers side, on left side of the hear caseI have included a link to that repair I am not sending things for say phone call, JA does that, I have sent info on this post
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
next link
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.
you are welcome. Please leave feedabck for my service provided, you can still come back to this same post after feedback and thanks