Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Oldsmobile cutlass cierra: what make my 1995 cutlass ceaira

Customer Question

what make my 1995 cutlass ceaira miss at low rpm or in od when u go pass it misses
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when u put n gear and hold break it misses also
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.The 24x crank sensor behind the harmonic balancer can cause a misfire at low rpm's and during acceleration. Have you checked compression, also have you determined which cylinder(s) are misfiring?I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.
You can check for spark from the ignition coils with a test light clipped to ground. Hold the tip of the test light about a half inch from the coil tower (with the plug wire removed). The spark should be bright, crisp and jump the ½" gap. Increase the gap to ¾" and see if the results are the same for all 6 coil towers. This will help determine which cylinder(s) are misfiring.
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.
Hi There, I noticed you had viewed my answer, and I hope the information I gave was helpful. Let me know if you have followed through and checked any of my recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.