Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Oldsmobile: I have a 1998 oldsmobile bravada that has several

Customer Question

I have a 1998 oldsmobile bravada that has several problems. First, the ABS light comes on, 2nd the heater stays on, 3rd the driver side window will not come down.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** am going to try to help you, here! Can I ask a few questions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes
Awesome! Lets try to tackle these problems one at a time. Firstly, do you have access to a scan tool that can read the abs module?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, why can I find one?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where can I find one?
Unfortunately, the scan tools that are able to read abs are pretty expensive, but they are usually available at parts stores like Auto Zone or Advance Auto. You may be able to get one of these stores to read the codes for you at no charge, or find a shop that would be willing to read them out to you at little or no charge, provided they do not do a diagnostic, which is usually going to run around $100 or so.
If you get the codes, I can help you to try and diagnose them yourself. There is no way to read the codes or clear them out without the use of a scan tool on this particular vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good,thanks. Now question 2 and 3.
Ok, tell me a little more about the heater concern. Is the problem that the temperature is always hot or that it simply will not shut off?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When the heater is in the off position, it still blows heat.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will not shut off.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heat still blows
Ok, thank you. When you move the blower speed control, does the speed of the fan change at all? Is it always on full blast?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good question, Can I tell you in the morning?
I don't see why not. I should be up and at 'em by 8am EST. Let me know and we will continue from there! Goodnight
Good morning! I don't know if you are ready to go or not but just in case you were waiting on me, I wanted you to know I am back on. Thanks!
Hi, I'm just checking in! Have you got any further questions on these problems? If so do not hesitate to shoot them my way!