Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2002 Olds Alero. The engine is trying trying

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 Olds Alero. The engine is trying trying to turn over, but will not. It has gas, oil and water. New battery, new air filter.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Engine cranks over perfectly, does not start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, checked fuel pressure at schraeder valve, gas shooting out.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked gas, oil, air, water, battery?
JA: Is there anything else the Oldsmobile Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: 132,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Have you checked for spark or fuel when cranking? Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash? Any codes in the computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Shot it with starting fluid, it started and shut right off.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Battery and security lights were on.
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Did you say that the security light is on or flashing with the key on or when trying to start the engine? Have you tried to perform the relearn procedure for the security system? If not, would you like me to send it over to you?