Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

My car keeps stoping and turning off. I had the mass air flow

Customer Question

My car keeps stoping and turning off. I had the mass air flow replaced. I had the egr oil valve replaced at this point nobody can find a answer for why my car is cutting off by itself..i have a 2000 alero 6 cyclinder
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No i need to know whats wrong so i can let a macanic know ive been to 3 different shops and nobody knows
JA: OK! The Oldsmobile Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Oldsmobile Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: Yes i want it fixed today amd no that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
are there any codes setting in the computer at all ?when it turns off will it start back up like nothing is wrong ?