t-fran21, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master

I'm trying to remove my engine motor mount. Is there any easy

Customer Question

I'm trying to remove my engine motor mount. Is there any easy way to remove and is there any diagrams
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just got the old trans mount out and now I'm going to do the motor mount but I'm having a question if I can bolt the trans mount to the trans or do I wait till I remove the old engine mount
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken the bolts from the bottom of the engine mount to be able to move the engine a little to put the trans mount in the correct spot but I don't know exactly where the other two bolts for the engine mount are. I just started this and now I'm confused on how to remove the old engine mount
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Oldsmobile Mechanic should know about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this tome
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model, and engine so I can see if I have the steps?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1990 Oldsmobile cutlass Ciera s 3.3l
Sorry I do not work on older vehicles due to poor diagrams and repair guides. Opting out now.
Expert:  t-fran21 replied 6 months ago.
There is 1 engine mount and 3 transmission mounts and non of there are hard to replace, it's just a matter of supporting the engine with jack stands then removing the bolts. I have some pictures that will help. Please give a positive rating and/or accept a live phone tomorrow around 9am and I will send them to your email address if you don't mind giving it to me. Thanks