Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Olds. Aurora: 02 olds aurora at about 50mph it shimmys for

Customer Question

02 olds aurora at about 50mph it shimmys for 2 sec. Stops for 2 sec shimmys for 2sec. And so on. Not felt in the steering wheel tire but more in the middle of the car. Also when i go over RR track or just something bumpy the trac. Control and abs light come on with a check stability system on info center. Idk if there realated or not. Thanks in advance.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The shimmy so far seems to be a possible torque converter clutch slipping concern. For the warning lights maybe a wheel speed sensor wiring that is damaged or a sensor not seated well or a tone ring cracked and making a wheel speed sensor read wrong. Do you have access to a scan tool? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont have a scan tool. But i need one. Do you have any suggestions? Im not much of a mechanic but i try to do it myself if it seems within my skill set. Skill set is youtube.
A good scan tool is preferred, but used would be okay. There are many on ebay. A high level Bosch brand can do all of these checks and they are under 500$ new.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris