Pete, Oldsmobile Technician
Experience:  17 years Oldsmobile training and experience.
14928985

Oldsmobile 88 Royale: Hood latch cable on 1995 Oldsmobile 88

Customer Question

Hood latch cable on 1995 Oldsmobile 88 is disengaged...can't open hood or remove wire...can see anything from under car
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Unfortunately when an issue like this occurs here if you cannot access the release lever at the latch with a long flat blade tool or similar to release the latch to open the hood then part of the front grille usually has to be cut out to then access the latch to release it.I know this doesnt sound to good but has had to be done several times before when this type of fault here occurs.Usually the front of it needs cut out around the center part of the hood at the top of the grille then from there the release triggered to open the hood,reconnect or replace the release cable then the grille either repaired or replaced to repair it.There isnt another way to access the latch to release it unfortunately. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete