Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

I have a 1994 oldsmobile 88 royal and Im trying to take off

Customer Question

I have a 1994 oldsmobile 88 royal and Im trying to take off the dash so I can get a better look at where the fuel line connects behind the dash board but Im having trouble taking the top part of the dash off can you please help
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the car to have it inspected and the shop some how started a fire under the hood of my car so frome that I now have a leak in my fuel line somewhere
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your oldsmobile?
Customer: No thats what all for the moment
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.

I'm ***** *****.

I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

The fuel lines don't go inside the car under the dash, they run under the car.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey dan, thanks for your help. There are two lines that run from the fuel line and they both run what looks like behind the dash. I dont know where they come out to but I was told behind the dash if not where, and how can I access them?

They run along firewall and passenger strut tower behind the A/C lines and accumulator.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it possible for the gas to spray through the firewall. The gas is spaying through the firewall by what I think is a vent blower. What do you think?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Another pic

Fire probably melted the HVAC box which contains the blower motor, A/C evaporator and heater core.

That will all have to be replaced.

Is the shop covering the repairs due to the fire that started due to them working on the car?

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thanks

Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem.

I don't get paid unless you rate my service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You
***** *****

Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.

Thanks

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You
***** *****