Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

2001 aurora no start no crank, 2001 oldsmobile aurora 4.0

Customer Question

2001 aurora no start no crank
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: 2001 oldsmobile aurora 4.0 v8
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 2001 oldsmobile aurora 4.0 v8
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced starter thinking that was issue but still get no crank, after i try to crank it over the first time the display says theft system fault
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced starter
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile Aurora?
Customer: 97k drivin by my grandma until the no start issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the theft light is on then the first hing you need to try is the pass-lock re-learn procedure to see if the key has lost programming. See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Pass%20lock%20relearn%20Mar%207.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The security light does not turn off after 10 min. The battery was dead from sitting so i had it hooked up to a battery charger on 12 amp charge, i dont think but might as well ask if that may change voltage or signal the ecu is reading?
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

A dead battery can and will affect all reading so before you do anything else you need to make sure the battery is properly charged and the connections are clean and tight.