Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 25 years as a GM master tech
19513769

How can I unlock my radio, What, They had to put speed gage

Customer Question

How can I unlock my radio
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: What
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: They had to put speed gage in and know my radio want come on it says locked
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: Can you help me
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We undone battery cable didn't work
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Oldsmobile Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Oldsmobile Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: No just radio
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

can you tell me what year this is ?

model ?

still the stock radio ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's 2003 Oldsmobile silhouette it's the radio that come in van
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

can you do this and give me the 6 digit number code ?

1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)

2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.

4. Press the AM/FM button

5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's not doing nothing
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 1 minute then reconnect bith to the battery will it unlock or at least give you the 6 numbers ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I get numbers what do I do
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

tell me them OR follow this with the numbers to get the code to unlock as seen below

IF it still strays locked then one of 2 things is happening the speed gauge is wired in wrong or is tapped into the radio wires and locking it or too many unlock attempts have been made which you need to leave the key on for ! hour then try to get the 6 digits to gt the unlock code

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

4. Press the AM/FM button

7. Call 1-***-***-****

8. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to “SEC”. Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable.

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?