Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

When the car is idling and i press the gas the engine stalls

Customer Question

When the car is idling and i press the gas the engine stalls or it sutters then stalls..when i release the petal the engine come back but press it again it loise power and stalls
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This sounds like a plugged up fuel filter. If the fuel filter is plugged up, then when the engine needs more fuel like when you step on the throttle the fuel supply is not adequate because the filter is clogged up. Have it replaced. I think that will take care of this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you need further help.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris