Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

1995 oldsmobile cutlass ciera no headlights no chime bulbs

Customer Question

1995 oldsmobile cutlass ciera no headlights no chime bulbs are fine and fuse is not blown where is the location for the relay running theseand antilock brake light is on
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

Please don't get upset by what I'm about to ask - it's just that we never know what's on the customer's mind when they post a request. Do you just want to know the location of a specific relay - if so, which relay?, or do you want me to help you diagnose the no-headlights issue? - please keep in mind the site only allows us to address one issue per each request.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
just location of the relay that runs the head lights for now if there is one.

There is no head light relay on your Ciera. If all the other exterior lights work (tail, instrument panel, plate, etc.), the most probable cause for the headlights not to work is a bad head lamp dimmer switch (actuated by the turn signal lever). In an emergency, you can remove the trim panels from the steering column and access the dimmer switch connector. Jumpering the Yellow and the Tan wires will allow you to turn on the low beams.

I sincerely ***** ***** helps.

Best Regards.