Dan, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Sec and track off light come on and depowers2000 alero

Customer Question

sec and track off light come on and depowers2000 alero
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Oldsmobile. The Oldsmobile Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: trac offlight comes on and then it runs rough and then it goes off and runs fine also service engine light is on
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Oldsmobile Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing just doing some reasearce
JA: Is there anything else the Oldsmobile Mechanic should be aware of about your Oldsmobile?
Customer: 185000miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oldsmobile Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** traction light coming on points toward a failing wheel speed sensor which is built into bearing assembly or connection. Start by checking connections at wheel speed sensors, if good you will need to use a scantool capable of reading live wheelspeed sensor data then whatever one is erratic needs to be replaced. The running rough is most likely related to check engine light. Does check engine light ever flash? Thanks.