cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Question on 2004 olds alero 3.4 motor when driving it clicks

Customer Question

question on 2004 olds alero 3.4 motor when driving it clicks really fast like a signal light after messin with signal switch it sometimes quits but mostly don't what causes this
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you mean the motor clicks or something else??

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not motor its on the inside of car it sounds as though when a bulb is blown how it clicks real fast but no bulbs r blown it just constantly makes a clicking noise it doesn't do it until u turn signal on and when it goes off it starts and dies it till u turn signal on again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not dies
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

without being there I cannot diag it on this forum. I will open it up to the other guys to see if they have any ideas

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sounds like signal light is flickering but its not
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

its the hazard light relay witch is built into the hazard light switch when you turn on the turning signal it activates it they run off the same circuit it is a simple fix if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how u change that lol
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

just take the cover off and remove the hazard light switch its two screws on the switch its self