Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I had new battery installed yesterday due to engine not

Customer Question

I had new battery installed yesterday due to engine not starting as it always had vehicle is 02 Olds Silhouette and been good vehicle only have 82000 miles in 13 yrs anyway after battery was replaced it started fine and I drove about 8 miles to pharmacy as I drove in to park it just shut down all electrical engine quit and nothing worked I had to manually unlock to get out My question would be if alternator were bad could it instantly shut down like this even with new battery?
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The vehicle is sitting in Walgreens parking lot and I had to call taxi to get home I am a disabled senior on fixed income so I cannot afford towing and mechanic repair
Expert:  Clayso replied 10 months ago.

Hi Duane, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

If the alternator were discharging you could have these effects. Most likely though there is a bad connection at the battery and or the positive cable connection into the Underhood Electrical Center (UEC).

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.