Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 1995 olds 98 regency that keeps shutting down with

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 1995 olds 98 regency that keeps shutting down with error message hot ...ac disabled. It isn't overheating, I have changed fuel pump, oil pump, sending unit, coolant sensor, thermostat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am driving the car and the messages displays "hot ...AC disabled" then engine shuts off. Somehow it is getting a false reading that it is overheating
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Oldsmobile Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

3.8 engine?

How does the coolant sensor ohm out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.8 engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensor was trplaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel sending unit, oil pump, power steering pump, engine control module, coolant sensor, thermostat,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It thinks it's overheating when it isn't. What is the problem
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I haven't run into that on one yet, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.