Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

The issue is on my 2001 olds aurora 4.0, i 't have brakes

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and the issue is on my 2001 olds aurora 4.0, i don't have brakes lights when i press the brakes and I replaced the brake switch. what am i missing or need to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the trac control off light stays on and i have 2 codes that read c1291 and c1293
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Oldsmobile Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) DTC C1293 sets when there is DTC C1291 from a previous ignition cycle. DTC C1291 sets when the stoplamp switch remains open for 3 deceleration cycles. The stoplamp switch signal informs the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) when the brake pedal is pressed. From your description there is either no power to the stoplamp switch or the stoplamp switch is defective. At the brake lamp switch on the 2 wire connector verify with a test light there is power at all times on the orange wire and the white wire should have power when the brakes are applied. If you need a circuit diagram or connector views let me know.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.