Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

I have an 1985 Olds Cutlass. My car wont turn over at all. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 1985 Olds Cutlass. My car wont turn over at all. I took the starter out and had it tested and it is good. My ignition lock cylinder seems to be very loose and the car will shift out of gear without stepping on the brake or having the key in the ignition. Could this be the ignition switch or the neutral safety switch and if so, how do I replace them.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with checking to see if you have power in and out of the neutral safety switch while holding the key in the crank position. See the wires to check in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/NSS%20Jan%208.pdf