Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Line Mechanic, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

2000 Oldsmobile AWD Bravada. Speed sensor wires from Blue 32

Customer Question

2000 Oldsmobile AWD Bravada. Speed sensor wires from Blue 32 pin PCM Conn (pin 29 - light green w/ black & pin 30 -purple w/ white stripe) to VSS vehicle speed sensor.I think I've got a bad wire (long story - valve, in small tube from engine exhaust on passener side went bad and melted a hole in a plastic elbow which in turn directed hot exhaust on wire bundle melting insulation. Separated and sleeved the wires and everything seems to work now except the speedometer doesn't move and the car won't shift into high.) I want to bypass the bundle and run a twisted pair directly from the VSS to the PCM.My problem is I don't know where the VSS is located or how to get to it. I need more direction than the partial sketches I've picked off from the internet. I need step by step from standing in front of the SUV to putting my finger on the VSS. Can you help me? Bob Dougherty
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For example, do I get to the VSS from the top of the engine compartment, or do I have to crawl under the car?
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
The VSS is located on the Left side of the Transfer Case, on the Tail Shaft
Under vehicle, at the Tail Shaft, the Transfer Case is bolted to it
Find the Plug Harness that goes into the Left side (driver side) of the Transfer Case
Click Attachment below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

.
Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.