Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Here, 92 olds 88, 3.8l starts, warms up then won't run. let

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** here, 92 olds 88, 3.8l starts, warms up then won't run. let it cool, starts up, warm up, dies.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: slowly, over months, it would die and not start back up until cool. now, it will start up cold fine, after 5 minutes or so, it will die, or if we try to drive it, it won't.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Oldsmobile Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the engine dies when it gets hot and does not restart again until it cools down?