Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada. I replaced the power

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada. I replaced the power steering supply and return lines and unhooked quite a few electrical connectors in the process along with removing the battery. reinstalled everything as was. Wash and rinsed engine w/degreaser. It ran fine afterwards. It sat for over a week. Now battery is drained dead(now replaced with new). When Started Gauges freak out and volt meter goes all the way right and then gauges go Black. New battery now dead
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem is likely caused by the fact you got some thing wet when you washed the engine and the first thing you need to do is get the battery charged and once it running start with checking the charging system voltage at the battery with the engine running. Normal charging voltage should be right at 14 volts. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.