Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

This on my unsolved problem with my Oldsmobile Bravada 2002

Customer Question

This on my unsolved problem with my Oldsmobile Bravada 2002 straight six that I talked to Cam about yesterday. I did what Cam told me to do, I cleaned the throttle body plate and assembly and unhooked the battery and touched both neg and pos together then
hooked back up. The car ran ok until warmed up when driving the check engine like came back on along with the loss of power light came back on as well. Went directly to get a read on the computer and this is the 2 things it showed, P1484 cooling fan system
performance and P0340 camshaft position sensor in which I already replaced yesterday. Please have Cam call me again at(###) ###-####Randy
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  toddwr007 replied 1 year ago.

Are you at the vehicle, to where you can disconnect the connector for the electrict fan clutch, clear codes, and road test to see, if loss of power light comes-on (reference voltages are shared by these) Also make sure fuses in under hood fuse/relay box are good, (many time these fan clutches get high resistance in them, and will burn fuse that is shared ) Thaqnks, Please advise