K, Wiggins
K, Wiggins, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I saw this article about power steering 1950 olds. I would

Customer Question

I saw this article about power steering for a 1950 olds. I would like to add power to mine. is there a bolt on you could recomend?.
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  K, Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you'll need the bracket kit which can be found here, at one time they had the complete kit, I'm not sure if they still do. In addition to the brackets and possibly dampner and pump pulley you'll need a GM type 2 pump like this. The last piece will be a Saginaw 605 gearbox. Your stock column will need to be modified to accept a rag or U joint. I know a few guys I've helped with this that did not have to modify the column. For the lines I would use steel braided hose for the return and this adapter for the pressure line off the pump.

The first link I posted would be easiest if they still make the kit. Although the second option I listed of the parts sounds a little difficult to assemble it's honestly not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You left out who once had the bracket. And kit. Regards Paul
Expert:  K, Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

My apologies Paul, It's Tanson

TANSON (###) ###-####

9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday Pacific Standard Time

Their website is here

http://www.forwhatyouneed.com/Brackets,%20alternator,%20air%20compressor,%20power%20steering.htm