Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2002 aurora. can't state where leak started. back left

Customer Question

2002 aurora. can't state where leak started. back left floorboard soppy. this happens after driving and while sitting. has spread to other floorboards(not as wet). sides of floorboards are dry. trunk and under back seat are dry. seals to windows are solid/no
cracks. windows close firm. in it's situation there is a little condensation at top of window. doors close tight.no indication of sunroof problem. is situation PLASTIC HOLDS, DOOR WEATHER STRIPPING, GLASS WEATHER STRIPPING. I NEED HELP. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  GM Tech Cam replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. With your car, does this leak happen only when driving in rain or does it accumulate water when using the AC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driving. Don't use AC. Live in Washington state. At this time lots of rain

Understood. Do you have a sunroof? If so, have you checked the drains to see if they are clear?

I would open the sunroof, then use low pressure compressed air through the drains at each corner. If they do not flow then you will need to expose the hose and clear it out.

If the drains are clear and it does not leak, then we need to look at a seam in the floor board that is not sealed.

For this you will need to expose the area under the carpet that gets wet and see if you can find a seam not sealed or perhaps some corrosion that has allowed it to leak in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will take these steps and get back to you

Sounds good.