Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  have owned repair shop for 25 years
14541291

I have a 2000 olds silhouette van that has 2 issues that

Customer Question

i have a 2000 olds silhouette van that has 2 issues that need to be fixed. one is the intake gasket. and the other is the pressure control solenoid in the transmission. what are the step by step instructions to replace both with torque specs. thank you
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxveu2966mw9m4s/1103-olds-Lower%20Front%20of%20Engine.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/nxveu2966mw9m4s/1103-olds-Lower%20Front%20of%20Engine.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** a few of these intakes the main thing i was looking for on the intake is special instructions if there are any due to it being crammed in this dang van Yell rear motor bolts are horrible to access! or do i just have to fight with it?

the lower intake isnt too bad after you remove the upper

you can leve the van in park and hand push the van forward,,and chuck the tires to hold it,,this will tilt the engine forard to give more room to work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it didnt give me a torque spec for the rocker arm bolts

sorry

VALVE ROCKER ARM BOLT: First Pass .............................................. 19 Nm (14 ft. lbs.) Final Pass ..................................................... (30 degrees)

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.