Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am an ASE Certified Master Technician and auto repair specialist with over 16 years of Oldsmobile experience.
1627031

Ivan I have a 2004 oldsmobile alero. I took it into the shop

Customer Question

Hey Ivan I have a 2004 oldsmobile alero. I took it into the shop and the said the fusebox was healily corroded, the sand blasted it and it worked just fine yesterday... while I was driving on my way to school today my entire dash just went dead and now car wont turn over. Can I fix this so i can get home atleast to replace fuse box?
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** to hear about your car. Depending on what is wrong with the fuse box you may not be able to get it going without replacing it. The shop should have never did the repair that they performed. The box should have been replaced right away. It is possible that the issue may just be a dead battery. Many times during a fuse box failure the alternator will quit charging and will cause the battery to die. See if you can charge of jump it and get a response. If you still don't get anything then it may be internal to the box. You would need a voltage meter to run some tests from there. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vehicle is still juicing. The vehicle starts then quits right back out. I just need to know if there is a way I can get it to successfully hold a charge till i get back to my place from school... im a half hour away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like i said im in massage school... no voltage meters here
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Will the engine continue to run if you hold the gas pedal down?