Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Lately my 2001 aurora, 4.0 liter v8 engine dies when i come

Customer Question

lately my 2001 aurora, 4.0 liter v8 engine dies when i come to a stop sign..it starts but mus keepn accelerator at 500 rpm and foot on break and then put in gear untiln in can take off. then maybe over night itb starts ok. bbut later that day it happens again. brought it to a gm dealer...they did the diagnostic test but it showed nothing
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a crack in the rubber boot, beteen the throttle body and the intake, and is very common on these, and usually it sstart fine cold, but as it warms up, it gets worse, the boot cracks under

neath, where you cant see it, the throttle body has to come off to see it, but I have done 100's of these for this exact problem,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim sometimes it starts without any problem. normally when it starts cold then rpm goes to 1500 for 30 secondsn and then drops to 500rpm. or sometimec it just ddrops to nothing and engine doesnt start
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

have you had the boot checked yet?