Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Heater core broke last year.replaced it, broke plastic piece

Customer Question

Heater core broke last year.replaced it, broke white plastic piece that heater blend door actuator hooks to (https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=84655&cc=1364217&jnid=467&jpid=1) . So now, heat knob works , fan spped works but when I use the dial to switch from heat to defrost or from vent on hands to vent on feet nothing happens. Wasnt a problem but now I can switch it to defrost now. Just blows out all vents. Any idea what part I need to replace? What is the white switch that the actuator hooks to, I need to buy another one of those.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  K, Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I can't quite tell in the picture, what color is the vacuum line going to that actuator at the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the dashboard apart now, but I believe the line going to the round actuator was black. I'd have to drop the dashboard again to see. I thought that I had everything hooked up properly again, aside from the white piece that the actuator hooks to, which broke. I thought that was only the recirculation door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are two clearer updated pictures. I really want to fix this but dont have the money to have a mechanic fix it. I really need to get my defrost working. dial to switch from floor vents, to face vents to defrost doesnt do anything. hot air just blows randomly through all vents.