Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I have the same problemas mentioned in the question above.

Customer Question

I have the same problemas mentioned in the question above. The driver side wiper on my wife's 20004 Olds Alero doesn't work and I can move it freely by hand.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that whatever money you paid, or if you have a subscription, the money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Although we can't see any of the other questions, (above) it sounds like the nut may just be loose. It happens a lot on them. If you take the plastic cap off, (put the wiper arm in the correct position) and tighten the nut, or make sure it's tight with a 13mm wrench, that should fix it.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as is allowed.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was not it. The nut is tight and the whole shaft is moving freely
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. That means that the linkage, (wiper transmission) has come apart. Most likely one of the plastic cap retainers on the linkage for the driver's side had popped off.

.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file and send it to your email address. Again for the least amount that is allowed.

.