Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Auto repair business
7276279

Yesterday, I cleared the codes on my 1991 Cutlass Supreme.

Customer Question

Yesterday, I cleared the codes on my 1991 Cutlass Supreme. Today, I started.the car without a hitch, drove it for about 25 miles and then got to the first stop light, and it stalled out on me. And continued to stall out at nearly every stoplight. In short,
it runs fine when started, having no loads, runs with a load, and then stalls out when switching from load to no-load. Ideas?
Category: Oldsmobile
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I arrived at my destination, I had a code 22, for the Throttle Position Sensor, which I had never encountered before.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code 33 can set due to either a failing TP sensor or the Vref voltage to it being low , in order to determine which it is you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the steps to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Code%2022%20Sept%205.pdf