Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I'm having a problem with the charging system.The battery

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with the charging system.The battery keeps going dead if the car sits awhile.I've had the battery and altinater checked out. there ok.I put my hand scanner on an came up with a 1652 code.-manufacturer control auxiliary input auxiliary output. I don't understand what that means.
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the 1652 is a code set for the cooling fans on this car which should not be causing this issue

the alternator volts and amps tested good and the battery tested good for volts and amps and NO bad cells ?

any access to a good multi meter to read amps ?

Output Driver Modules (ODMs) are used by the PCM to turn on many of the current driven devices that are needed to control various engine and Transaxle functions. Each ODM is capable of controlling up to 7 separate outputs by applying ground to the device which the PCM is commanding ON.

Unlike the Quad Driver Modules (QDMs) used in prior model years, ODMs have the capability of diagnosing each output circuit individually. DTC P1652 set indicates an improper voltage level has been detected on ODM B output 2, which control the Fan 2 relay.

CONDITION FOR SETTING THE DTC

• Ignition is ON.
  • An improper voltage level has been detected on the Fan 2 relay driver circuit.
  • Above conditions for at least 20 seconds.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

• The PCM will illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test has been run and failed.
  • The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame and Fail Records data.