Dan, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Oldsmobile Alero: 2003 Alero 3.4 L stalls/misfires after car

Customer Question

2003 Alero 3.4 L stalls/misfires after car is warmed up Whats the top three possible issues
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is the check engine light on? If so, do you know what diagnostic codes your getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get back to you I'm helping a friend is their any other info you may need to answer this question
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I'm also wondering if it restarts right away when it stalls or needs to cool down first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out that he also changed the ignition switch it would not restart until it was cold no longer has to be cold since ignition switch changed, the only code that comes up says theirs a problem with the o2 sensor
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It is going to be hard to figure this out 3rd person but if vehicle stalls when it warms up then it sounds like problem is most likely fuel related such as a failed fuel pump. A easy test is to see if it runs on starting fluid during problem, if so this is a strong indicator of a failed fuel pump. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.